April 28, 2017
CalPortland, a leading diversified building materials company with operations throughout the west, has an immediate opening for a Dump Truck Driver.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspections and reports (time sheet, mileage logs, DOT hours of service, etc.), assuring that each vehicle is safe and well maintained
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability
- Notify the Dispatcher of job site information and conditions
- Maintain radio contact with dispatch for scheduling changes
- Maintain a good vehicle appearance
- Maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must comply with State traffic regulations, securing load, pre and post trip vehicle inspection, maintain vehicle
- Attend site safety meetings as required and other safety training as required.
- Identify and resolve jobsite safety and environmental issues including: (1) safe truck ingress and egress, slip, trip and fall hazards; (2) truck stability issues including soft shoulders and chocking requirements; PPE requirements, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years’ experience safely operating a standard Dump Truck & Trailer
- Positive attitude and the desire to provide excellent customer service
- Reliable transportation to report to work
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations as well as construction site safety, occupational hazards, concrete material handling and basic equipment maintenance
- Ability to deal with public in a pleasant and courteous manner and to remain calm in adverse weather conditions, crowded traffic conditions, and when dealing with upset contractors
- Valid Class A Commercial driver’s license with driving record free from serious or frequent violations
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, DOT physical and drug screen; possess current Medical Certificate
- Must be able to work varying work shifts with varying start and stop times day or night, overtime, weekend hours and at various locations
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.