April 28, 2017
CalPortland, a leading diversified building materials company with operations throughout the west, has an immediate opening for a Ready Mix Concrete Driver.
Promotes positive public relations include: keep truck clean; obey safety rules; report all incidents/injuries to management as soon as they occur; attend Safety Meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are required in this position in order to provide dependable service to our customers.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspections and reports (time sheet, mileage logs, DOT hours of service, etc.), assuring that each vehicle is safe and well maintained
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability
- Notify the Dispatcher of job site information and conditions
- Maintain radio contact with dispatch for scheduling changes
- Maintain a good vehicle appearance
- Maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must comply with State traffic regulations, securing load, pre and post trip vehicle inspection, maintain vehicle
- Attend site safety meetings as required and other safety training as required.
- Identify and resolve job site safety and environmental issues including: (1) safe truck ingress and egress, staging and washout areas, slip, trip and fall hazards; (2) truck stability issues including soft shoulders and chocking requirements; (3) pump safety issues including operational safety features (emergency stop and horn, netting, transition covers); PPE requirements, etc. Contact appropriate management if contractor is unable to resolve issues.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Class B CDL
- At least 1 + years Commercial Driving experience
- Prior ready mix delivery experience or delivering product on construction site a plus
- Excellent driving record
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Current Medical Card
- Reliable transportation to report to work
- Positive attitude and the desire to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations as well as construction site safety, occupational hazards, concrete material handling and basic equipment maintenance
- Ability to deal with public in a pleasant and courteous manner and to remain calm in adverse weather conditions, crowded traffic conditions, and when dealing with upset contractors
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.