November 15, 2017
SUMMARY: Operate safely and efficiently a Class B Refuse Truck, rear or front load, occasional a roll off truck, cable or chain driven, and other equipment as needed, driving a set route daily. Driver services customer dumpsters, bins and compactors in the greater Seattle and Tacoma areas. Also, Driver is required to unload waste at our facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have experience with refuse trucks and roll off trucks.
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently while driving a set route on a daily basis in all seasons and all weather conditions.
- Ensure all assigned work is completed.
- Perform pre-trip inspections and complete log before operating vehicle.
- Interact with customers and public in a professional, courteous manner.
- Emptying customer dumpsters and bins (recycling, including food waste).
- Picking up containers and compactors from customers and emptying them at our facilities.
- Delivery of waste to the facility for processing.
- Maintaining daily customer billing computer or paperwork.
- Maintaining the dumpsters and bins and make replacement recommendations.
- Checking account for contamination.
- Checking each account for %, how full (the container is) for sales.
- Professional phone etiquette and strong customer services skills.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in the solid waste industry preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, self-motivated and ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work with public in professional manner.
- Flexible work schedule due to seasonal demands.
- Clean CDL Class B
- Valid DOT Medical card
- Understand and follow all OSHA/WISHA requirements including wearing PPE: vests/gloves.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques and bars.
- Lifting and moving heavy dumpsters.
- Familiarity with local area preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer aided routing systems
- This is a full time relief position that covers various routes. The shift hours and days vary every few weeks with two weeks’ notice to employee.
All medical, dental, vision, and pension benefits are available through Teamsters Local 174 providers. Company provides holiday, vacation, sick, bereavement, military and jury duty leave compensation.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.’s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces. Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired. All active employees are subject to random drug testing.