February 12, 2018
Transport Drivers will operate tractors pulling double or triple trailers, following all DOT and company requirements, to transport bakery products safely and efficiently to the required destination in a timely manner. Drivers will load and unload trucks at each destination.
HOURS AND SHIFT: New employees will be assigned to any work day: Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts will be based solely upon the union bid process.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Operates single-, double- or triple-tractor trailers on a combination of city and interstate routes and other distance destinations outside of the main bakery plant.
- Distribute bakery products to depot center.
- Reload trailers with empty transport racks to be returned to the main bakery plant.
- Inter-city destinations constitute short driving distances in contrast to longer destinations to depot center in outlying cities requiring 3 to 4 hour driving times.
- Related duties and projects as assigned.
- Adherence to the Company’s Core Values
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must have current CDL A license with acceptable, verifiable driving record.
- Previous experience in driving doubles with; triples driving preferred.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer’s attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Must join union within 30 days of hire.
- Adherence to company core values.