In 2016, the Board of the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund established the Training and Vocational Programs Scholarship. Scholarship winners are awarded training and vocational scholarships up to $2,000, depending on financial need. Training or vocational programs must be related to work in a Teamster-represented industry, class, or craft. All applicants must comply with the following eligibility criteria.
- Be the son, daughter, or financial dependent of an eligible Teamster member, hereafter also referred to as “Teamster Member Relation”;
- Plan to attend an accredited training or vocational non-baccalaureate program at a community college, or other training institution, within the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada;
- Training or vocational programs must be related to work in a Teamster represented industry, class, or craft.
The applicant’s Teamster Member Relation must be able to demonstrate that:
- He/she was a member in “good standing” per Article X, Section 5 of the International Constitution.
- He/she was retired from a craft represented by his or her Local Union and was a member in “good standing” as per Article X, Section 5 of the International Constitution for 5 years prior to his/her retirement.
- He/she was not a full-time elected officer during the relevant period of good standing listed above.
Click to Download Application with Rules and Instructions:Download Application