Posted: May 15, 2015
Position Title: Class A CDL Driver
Employer: Ballard Transfer
Location: Seattle, WA
- Class A CDL
- Flat bed/machinery experience helpful (2 years)
- No Haz Mat needed
To Apply: Contact Dave Miller at 206 782-6622
Posted: March 16, 2015
Position Title: CDL Delivery Driver, Kent
Employer: Columbia Distributing
Location: Kent, WA
- Drive assigned route, delivering company’s products in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Unload and load, check in and service product to meet customers’ needs and expectations.
- Rotate all company’s product according to company standards.
- Balancing of invoices, money and inventory.
- Provide excellent customer service to all assigned accounts.
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you come into contact with through your job.
- Adhere to and follow all company policies, procedures and governmental regulations.
- Adhere to all state liquor laws and regulations.
- Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company’s Core Values at all times.
Education/Training: High School diploma or GED required
Licenses/Certifications: Class B Driver License required; Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) preferred; Maintain valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record and current certifications
Experience: Minimum six (6) months previous driving experience
Knowledge/Skill: Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations; Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; Effective organizational and time management skills
- Use power/manual pallet jack.
- Lift/carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 165 lbs.
- Push/pull 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 165 lbs.
- Bend/Stoop/Crouch/Squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
- Work indoors and outdoors
To Apply: On-Line or contact Labor Relations Manager Jacquelyn Lloyd @ 425.917.6962
Posted: March 7, 2015
Position Title: Delivery Driver-Class B License
Employer: Food Services of America
Location: Kent, WA
Truck Driver – Local Delivery Driver, CDL class B driver’s license required with Commercial Drivers Learning Permit for Class A
This is a union position located in Kent, Washington
We are looking for local Class B delivery drivers interested in receiving on the job training to obtain class A CDL. A clean driving records is required. Applicant is also required to obtain a Class A within 3 months of accepting the position.
- Deliver merchandise, off-load items using hand-truck and truck ramp, with accompanying paperwork, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Practice safety every step of the way.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off invoice or delivery manifest or through the proper and consistent use of Driver Hand Held (if available)
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company policies and manuals and as set forth in our business practices.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, Federal Motor Carrier/DOT, food safety and inventory custody.
- Work with Credit Department on problems pertaining to all customer deliveries.
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Advise Router or transportation supervisor of changes in routes to help achieve most profitable routes, i.e., stop sequence, special instructions, new or dropped accounts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings when operating a vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Coordinate with transportation supervisor(s) and router(s) to make necessary back-haul pickups.
- Remain flexible to restructure schedule as needed.
- Check each product off invoice or delivery manifest or scan all cases using hand held scanner (if available).
- Safely operate vehicle to and from destinations, adhering to all traffic laws.
- Safely load and unload delivery goods.
- Comply with all OSHA and Federal Motor Carrier/DOT safety requirements.
- Maintain vehicle in good working condition.
- Maintain vehicle in clean and fueled readiness condition.
- Report and call in all required repairs daily.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Clean driving record with a Class B CDL license.
- Current DOT Physical
- Current Class A Commerical Drivers Learners Permit
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must be hard working and self motivated.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Frequent standing/walking during delivery activities, up to 2 miles daily.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Frequent carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling using both hands/arms, approximately 30-100 lbs. exertion, depending on weight of load on hand truck and whether climbing stairs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees during delivery.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Able to read/write and record data.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing route.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings while driving.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
To Apply: Apply for this job online.
Posted: March 7, 2015
Position Title: Truck Driver
Employer: Praxair Distribution, Inc.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Compensation: Union scale
Posting Expiration Date: March 22, 2015
Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Truck Driver (CDL A) to join our team located in Tacoma, WA.
Praxair Truck Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer locations.
The Truck Driver role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically demanding (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
- The Truck Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering hard goods, various size and packages of compressed gas cylinders to customers, this includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point, followed by reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Truck Driver’s day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, filling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Route Truck Driver responsible for delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Handheld computers are used for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc. Truck Drivers follow a computer generated Route and Sequence delivery plan.
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a Truck Driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair’s
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions, alcohol related violations or other moving violations in the past 3 years
- A current medical examiner’s certificate
- The appropriate license for the type of vehicle to be operated and the applicable endorsements (Hazmat), CDL A is required
- Tanker is required
- High School or G.E.D. is required
- The ability to read and write in English (or French where required by law)
- Must be 21 years or older
- Willingness to work in a union environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To Apply: Please apply online.
Posted: March 7, 2015
Position Title: Truck Driver II, Full-Time
Employer: Department of Natural Resources & Parks – Parks & Recreation Division
Location: Renton, WA
Compensation: $24.77-$30.32 Hourly
Truck Driver IIs are responsible for safely and efficiently driving trucks with a minimum load capacity of five (5) yards, up to and including ten (10) yards with trailers. Truck Drivers may also operate other vehicles as needed such as a cement mixer truck, garbage truck and/or street sweeper.
- Inspect assigned vehicle for safety and perform minor preventive maintenance.
- Drive a truck in connection with the transportation of asphalt, sand, gravel, concrete and other materials.
- Drive trucks with a trailer for moving equipment and materials to and from work sites.
- Drive and spread gravel, salt, oil asphalt, and other materials used for maintenance.
- Safely secure equipment and/or materials on trailers.
- Adhere to OSHA and WISHA regulations including proper use of safety gear.
- Assist crew as needed when not driving trucks.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Possession of a valid Washington State Class A Commercial Drivers License with Airbrake Endorsement (NOTE: Permits are not accepted)
- Minimum of two (2) years driving trucks with a minimum load capacity of five (5) and up to ten(10) yards
- Knowledge of proper truck height, weight restrictions, and load-securing procedures.
- Knowledge of driving laws, defensive driving tactics and ability to read maps.
- Skill in operating a commercial vehicle with a 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight rating or over.
- Skill in maneuvering a large truck in inclement weather and in high-density traffic.
- Ability to lift, carry, move, or handle up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, reach, climb, stoop, squat, push, and twist.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of staff and customers in a pleasant, non-judgmental, respectful, and culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to work effectively both independently or as a team member to complete assignments.
- Ability to have predictable and reliable attendance.
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified candidates.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by the Teamsters, Local 174. Membership is required within first thirty days of hire.
WHERE TO APPLY: Apply on-line at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/audience/employees/careers/jobs. Applications materials must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date. Contact Patty Jurgens 206-477-4572.
FORMS AND MATERIALS REQUIRED: (1) online application and supplemental questions, (2) resume (3) cover letter. Please attach your documents in the document attachment section. Application must be specific in detailing experience driving trucks with a minimum load capacity of five (5) yards, up to and including ten (10) yards, and hauling trailers.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is nonexempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. The workweek is generally Monday through Friday / 8 hr day, 40 hr wk (4/10 schedule in the summer).
Posted: March 7, 2015
Position Title: City Driver/Dock, Part-time
Employer: ABF Freight
Location: Tacoma, WA
Compensation: Teamster Union Scale
General Description of Duties:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to: the pickup and delivery of cargo trailers, the pick and delivery of cargo to and from various destinations usually within proximity of the consolidation/distribution center, and the loading and unloading of trailers utilizing the same techniques, technology and procedures as a dock worker. Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location. This is a ‘casual’ position and employee must be willing to work evenings, weekends and on an as-needed basis.
- Minimum Twenty One years of age.
- 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates with less than 1 year experience may be eligible for training).
- Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Good stable work record.
- Safe driving record (MVR and previous employment).
- Ability to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
- Equipment – Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
- Wages – Teamster Union Scale.
Posted: March 7, 2015
Position Title: Driver- Sysco Seattle (Kent, WA)
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: Up to $25.07/hr, depending upon experience
Sysco Seattle is looking for experienced delivery drivers to deliver products to customers throughout the Puget Sound.
SYSCO is a Fortune 100 company that offers excellent benefits including 100% employer paid medical & dental, %100 employer paid pension. Sysco is the leader in the industry offering top wages up to $25.07 per hour depending on experience. Potential earning can be $81K IN THE 1ST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT.
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product – you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
This is a Union position; drivers belong to Teamster Local 117. This Sysco Seattle position will service the Puget Sound, WA area.
Required: C.D.L. Class A; must be at least 21 years old.
Preferred: Snow/ice driving experience and previous food delivery experience, or 2 years of similar driving experience.
Extremely physically demanding frequent moderate/heavy lifting; pushing/pulling hand truck; raising/lowering truck ramp; ascending/descending stairs and/or ramps.
PLEASE VISIT WWW.SEATTLE.SYSCO.COM TO SUBMIT A RESUME, 3 YR DRIVING ABSTRACT, AND APPLICATION SEATTLE.SYSCO.COM