February 12, 2018
Title: Bus Driver
Department: 3440 Employee Parking
Location: Sea-Tac Parking Garage.
Auto req ID: 1069BR
Job Description: By submitting an application, you are applying for all available driver positions (Relief, and Part-time/On-call) at the Rental Car Facility (RCF) and Employee Parking Operations. Interviews will be conducted while accepting applications.
PURPOSE: To safely and efficiently transport passengers or employees to and from airport facilities while providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operate 40’ Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) passenger buses with automatic transmissions, along a fixed route according to time schedules, while complying with all traffic regulations.
• Perform routine pre and post trip walk around visual inspections to check for damage to vehicle and ensure all equipment is functioning properly. Report any defects to supervisor and file appropriate trip reports.
• Operate 800 MHz radio systems to communicate with other drivers, supervisors, and base operations via established radio procedures.
• May assist customers who have special needs, including customers with mobility devices. Operate wheelchair lift when needed. Attend training and staff meetings as-required, and respond to airport emergencies if necessary.
RCF Bus Drivers are represented by Local 117. For additional information, please review bargaining agreement. Relief: Assigned on an as-needed basis and may be asked to arrive at work in on short notice. Relief drivers will not have a regular schedule, and no minimum amount of hours will be guaranteed. During peak season, straight-time hours will be scheduled and endeavored to be equalized for relief drivers, prior to scheduling temporary drivers. Compensation $19.06/hour Employee Parking Bus Drivers are represented by Local 117. For additional information, please review bargaining agreement. On-call: Drivers bid on a work schedule during a bi-weekly bid process which may include variable hours. No minimum amount of hours will be guaranteed. Position is eligible for additional hours of work and overtime offered in order of seniority. Compensation $19.71/hour
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Must have knowledge of safety standards and practices related to bus operations while carrying passengers, as well as knowledge of applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances. Must have the ability to learn and implement standard procedures, regulations, and requirements with respect to operating passenger-carrying buses. Must have excellent customer service skills, as drivers will have continuous contact with airport customers or employees. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with co-workers and passengers in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Must have skills to operate a bus in a safe and efficient manner. Must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision, and make sound decisions in-the–moment, to ensure passenger safety and satisfaction. Ability to demonstrate reliability and availability by being able to report to work on-time as scheduled. RCF Bus Drivers: Must be able to assist with bags/luggage of customers with special needs, or who are traveling with small children.
QUALIFICATIONS: Combination of education and experience demonstrative knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to:
• High school diploma or GED;
• Valid Washington state commercial driver’s license Class B or A with a Passenger (P1) endorsement; and
• Current DOT Health Card
Candidate may be disqualified for a conviction or citation of any of the following during the past 5 years:
• More than two (2) moving violations and/or at-fault accidents of any kind
• Speeding over 15mph above the speed limit
• Reckless driving
• Negligent driving
• Driving while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
• License suspended / revoked / cancelled / restricted
• Hit and run
• Vehicular homicide
• Vehicular assault
• Eluding law enforcement
• Leaving the scene of an accident
CDL Requirement: Will be required to participate in the Port of Seattle Drug and Alcohol Program as required by the Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration. This may include submitting an additional application disclosing 10 years of employment and 3 years of driver history, MVR verification, 3-year drug and alcohol reference check, pre-employment drug test, and ongoing participation in a random drug and alcohol test program.
Weekly Standard Hours: This is a seven day a week and twenty-four hour a day facility. Normal work schedule will vary. Must Overtime Eligible: This position is eligible for overtime pay.
Drivers will work in all types of inclement weather, in congested traffic, and may be exposed to fumes from CNG and/or
Must join International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 117 within 30 days of employment. The starting pay rate for the successful candidate may vary depending on the specific terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Collective bargaining agreements are available for viewing on the Port’s Labor Relations webpage.
The Port of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Removal Date Information
This posting will close at 8:00pm PST on the removal date specified below.