Posted: November 7, 2013
Source: AFL-CIO Now
As you prepare to head to the grocery store to pick up your Thanksgiving dinner ingredients, double check your shopping list to make sure your Turkey Day fixin’s are all union made in America. Check out some highlights from the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor’s resource site, Labor 411. Here are some of the best union-made Thanksgiving eats and tools from the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM), Machinists (IAM), United Steelworkers (USW) and United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW).
- Kraft/Nabisco crackers—BCTGM
- Nabisco(Mondelez) crackers—BCTGM
- Keebler (Kellogg) crackers—BCTGM
- Boar’s Head—UFCW
- Foster Poultry Farms—UFCW
- Cutco knife—USW
- All-Clad cookware—USW
- Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce—IAM
- Birds Eye vegetables—UFCW
- Pillsbury crescent rolls, frozen and bake rolls/breads—BCTGM
- Pillsbury pie crusts—BCTGM
- Stroehmann bakery products (for stuffing)—BCTGM
- Sara Lee pumpkin, apple pie—BCTGM
- Mother’s Kitchen cheese cakes—BCTGM
- Nabisco (Mondelez) cookies—BCTGM
- Rich’s pies and cakes—BCTGM
- Quaker Oats (for apple crisp)—BCTGM
What are some of your favorite union-made Thanksgiving ingredients? Log in and comment below.
Search more union-made food from Labor 411.